1. What is deductible?
The first amount out of a Claim which has to be borne by the Insured Person before the relevant benefits are payable under the Policy. In the event that the total cost of treatment is lower than the Deductible amount the Insured will be liable to pay all the expenses incurred.
2. What is Pre-existing condition?
Any health condition known/unknown to the Insured member and/or to the Insured which exhibited symptoms or was a consequence of injury or illness for which Medical, Surgical and/or Pharmaceutical treatment, Medical Diagnosis or advice was provided prior to the Insured Member’s Enrolment Date.
3. Are pre-existing conditions covered?
Unless specified in the policy, pre-existing conditions and all related tests and complications are excluded from the policy.
4. What is chronic condition?
Chronic condition is defined as a sickness, illness disease or injury that has one or more of the following characteristics:
· Is recurrent in nature
· Is without a known, generally recognized cure.
· Is not generally deemed to respond well to treatment.
· Requires palliative treatment.
· Requires prolonged supervision or monitoring.
· Leads to permanent disability.
5. Which hospitals are included in ABNIC‘s Network?
ABNIC has as exhaustive network of health services providers that is updated on a regular basis. The list of providers varies from one plan to another. You can check the list of providers for your plan in the network booklets or our online provider directory.
6. Can I visit a medical provider who is not in the network?
If provided under the policy, you can visit any provider outside our network. Please refer to the claim procedure under your policy for further information and how to avail treatment outside the network.
7. Can I avail medical services outside the country?
If provided under the policy, you can visit any provider outside UAE. Please refer to the claim procedure under your policy for further information and how to avail treatment outside the network.
8. What documents I should furnish to get my bills reimbursed?
A detailed medical report from the treating physician, all original invoices, prescriptions and laboratory results along with the complete claim form should be furnished to get your medical bills reimbursed.
9. Is dental benefit covered?
Accident-related dental and gum surgeries are covered if medically necessary. However, routine dental check-ups and all other related treatments are excluded under all of our plans unless opted under your policy as additional benefit.
10. Is optical benefit provided?
All routine check ups, eye infections and all related treatments/tests and surgeries are excluded. Furthermore, all glasses, lenses, frames and other corrective devices are similarly excluded unless opted under your policy as additional benefit.